A while ago since last time. We've been flying around a lot and surprisingly enough I'm at an airport now. At Malpensa Airport going down to Faro for Portugal Open. Spent yesterday with Hugo Boss In Switzerland with all the other Boss players. Awesome time at an awesome place, Ascona.
The training camp at Valderrama was great with 4 rounds and a lot of training. Game always gets better after being there. First time I came to Valderrama, I was in shock of how tight the course was. Now, it looks wider and that was my goal. To push myself to be able to play the toughest courses.
Get back and gonna start updating this blog more and more or go on Twitter. What do you guys think???
Gotta catch the flight. I've missed too many flights this last week to miss another one;)
2011-10-11 A year ago when practicing at Valderrama.
Woke up in Monaco and weather is looking good for a track running day. Trying to stay away from golf for two days in a row now so trying to come up with things to do besides golf. Last time I got smoked on the track by skier Markus Larsson. Now, he's not here but I'll try to race his times from last time.
Going to Valderrama tomorrow to work on my game. Mecka for golf training.
2011-10-02 A few pics from Dunhill Links. I played ok but didn't really get anything going until the end and finished tied 39th. Some very welcomed points on the board anyway and now awaits a great (extremely great) practice week at Valderrama GC. My dream course.
Kingsbarns early wednesday morning.
In training now to get in good form for a very fun end of the year. Here is my remaining schedule;
HSBC Champions China
Dubai World Championship
Here is what I'm working on right now to get in shape:
- SAMS putt lab to get my aiming, impact and path right.
- Getting my aim and start right in sloping putts. Using a laser and a "cup shrinker" to see the right path to the hole.
- Pitching with the right loft and get less fade spin. Soft hands and more rotation with my body.
- Trying to reduce the spin on all my shots. Trying to see the Callaway logo in the air...:) Jimenez was giving me a lesson last week in how to hit soft through the ball. He is super good at that. No divot and no spin. Spin is good at some shots but at the moment I could really be without it.
- One extremely weird looking swing exercise to get my right arm slightly bent at impact and at the same time move my body in the correct way.
- Play a lot of golf to get better at scoring.
- Teeing the ball down to get better consistency of the tee.
- Working harder in the gym to get rid of all the "extra" unneccessary movements in the swing and to get a strong posture and shoulders to keep everything cleaner.
- Distance work on my wedges.
Those are the main things at the moment. There are plent more :)
Really looking forward to get back to playing now!
See you soon