Castle Stuart played fun yesterday. Too bad I didn't get it in the hole a little quicker. Maybe today. Have a 1.45 tee time and the weather seems ok at the moment. I love these new links courses. Looks like they have been there forever and even more clever than the old ones. There is always a chance to make a shot.
See you later!
Need to get on that putting green and start holing!!!
Just got done with a long session in the gym with Pierre. Haven't seen him in over a month. Too long.
Met up with Viktor Gustavsson as well and trained some putting. Going in the right direction.
Made it over to Inverness Scotland for the Barclays Scottish Open. The course is really cool and fun to play.
Cold, wet and windy but it was still fun to play. Then you know it's a fun course. Game is feeling good. Worked with Pete and Mike on the short game. They know a lot of shots. I need a lot of shots:)
Richard Gillot imitates Monty.
2011-07-02 So, what has happened this week in Paris so far:
1. Played with Monty and Anders Hansen. Hansen plays awesome as always. Monty still has it. Hits it dead straight but complains about his distance. He likes driver-9 iron holes. He doesn't like cell phones or cameras either but is really enjoyable to play with. I learnt a lot.
2. Me and Erik keep on grinding. The game is improving. Not spectacular by any means but we are heading in the right direction. Putting was better today. Played with Robert Rock today. Another striker. Wow. Good.
3. Erik is trying to take me out for dinner. Scary...but after 5 nights in a row with room service and youtube I need to see the city.
4. Haven't lifted anything heavy for a whole week. I want to so bad but I will get super sore and I don't like playing super sore. Never looked forward to it this much before.
5. Have shot 74-70-70 for 1 over and tied 29th place. 11.14 tee off tomorrow. One more day.
6. The frying pan exercise club is great. It's the best thing ever invented. It's like a giant clubhead.
7. The course is playing nice. Firm and great greens. They have rolled them a lot so they are packed and good. No bumpy. Tried cross handed today. Felt good. Almost hit the middle of the face:)
8. Time for dinner with Erik. Can't wait.....
2011-06-28 In Paris now. Working hard on my game with Mike and it's getting better. It's seriously hot here and thundering.
The course plays pretty soft. It's usually rock hard. It plays more fun hard but it might get firmer.
Had a good week of practice. Changed putter to a Two-Ball. Feels great. Center shafted. Feels even better.
The only thing that is pissing me off at the moment is that I wish there were more courses that are firm with fast greens and very difficult like Congressional. That would be good practice. Where can I find those courses? America the only place? You guys know any awesome courses that are in tournament shape all the time. Valderrama is the only one I can come up with.
Saw that the Callaway guys made fun of me on Twitter today.
7.30 nine holes in the morning. Gym now. I wish the days were longer. Next life has to have longer days. Surely!